Mosin Nagant m91/30 Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerCowboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone had any experiences with Finnish parts on their non-Finnish Mosin. I'm thinking of getting a Finnish trigger guard/mag assembly and a trigger sear. Do these make a noticeable difference.

SoonerCowboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know but I'm wanting to know if they make a noticeable difference. I'm still waiting on a accuracy kit I purchased from him Aug 2nd. He will not answer email. Was thinking about getting a sight but if I will not get it until next year, I don't think so.

But anyway I'm looking for people who has had results with these items. Not where to buy them.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over the weekend I installed a Finnish sear from C&R Surplus. Wasn't initially impressed, so I began filing and polishing. Thought I'd taken too much off the top of the sear at first, and ended up with a 3.75# trigger. After smashing the butt into the ground for about 10 minutes without having the sear disengage, I think it's good to go. I also installed their slack spring which helped a lot. It's not crisp, but the bolt doesn't move when I pull the trigger. Can't wait to get it to the range.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the weekend I installed a Finnish sear from C&R Surplus. Wasn't initially impressed, so I began filing and polishing. Thought I'd taken too much off the top of the sear at first, and ended up with a 3.75# trigger. After smashing the butt into the ground for about 10 minutes without having the sear disengage, I think it's good to go. I also installed their slack spring which helped a lot. It's not crisp, but the bolt doesn't move when I pull the trigger. Can't wait to get it to the range.

This has also been my experience with the NOS Finn sears. The rear of the sear that seats on the receiver is machined much thinner than on the Russian sears which causes it to sit slightly higher and require removal of more material where it meets the cocking piece. If the stock sear is still safe and functional there is no real reason to replace it with a Finn sear. Just do a little stoning and polishing work to the stock sear and you'll see a significant improvement.

Here's a great how-to video on improving the trigger pull by doing a little work to the sear, trigger, and cocking piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RlsxqR_keM

SoonerCowboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Ok. I have a slack spring installed also ordered from C&R. Was thinking about getting the sear from them too. Was it worth the $18?

SoonerCowboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has also been my experience with the NOS Finn sears. The rear of the sear that seats on the receiver is machined much thinner than on the Russian sears which causes it to sit slightly higher and require removal of more material where it meets the cocking piece. If the stock sear is still safe and functional there is no real reason to replace it with a Finn sear. Just do a little stoning and polishing work to the stock sear and you'll see a significant improvement.

Here's a great how-to video on improving the trigger pull by doing a little work to the sear, trigger, and cocking piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RlsxqR_keM

Ok I'll check out the video. Thanks

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. I have a slack spring installed also ordered from C&R. Was thinking about getting the sear from them too. Was it worth the $18?

It was worth it for me, if only to have a back up in case I trashed one by removing too much material. I think you could get close to the same result with the stock sear though.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the "Finnish" mod I did to my sear. Made a big improvement.

Attachments

• image-1367001517.jpg
    image-1367001517.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 170

Latest posts

Top Bottom