Mosin Nagant m91/30 Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerCowboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I get the Finnish Trigger Guard/Mag that I "stole" on Ebay in today. Everything looked fine until I tried tightening the latch spring screw. The threads were stripped!!! Most of the time you can get great deals on Ebay and every once and a while you get a seller who "forgets" to list the items with all of the important details.

Update: So I filed a case on Ebay and was refunded my money without any questions. Tool knew he had sold a screwed, pardon the pun, up item.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone had any experiences with Finnish parts on their non-Finnish Mosin. I'm thinking of getting a Finnish trigger guard/mag assembly and a trigger sear. Do these make a noticeable difference.

I know you already bought the part. Just wanted to let you know of my personal experience. I have an M39 and the trigger on it is WAY better than what comes on a 91/30. If you can get it installed in your Mosin, you should see a big improvement. A good trigger will definitely tighten up your groups.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know you already bought the part. Just wanted to let you know of my personal experience. I have an M39 and the trigger on it is WAY better than what comes on a 91/30. If you can get it installed in your Mosin, you should see a big improvement. A good trigger will definitely tighten up your groups.

I completely agree. A two stage Finn trigger is a huge upgrade. No matter how much work has been done to a single stage Mosin trigger it never feels as consistent as the two stage trigger on my M39. I have ran the Huber trigger as well and would go with a Finn two stage ten times out of ten.

SoonerCowboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I've already received the Finnish sear but haven't installed it yet. Figured out that the trigger guard/mag assembly will needs some fitting when I get it fixed. I also purchased some Finn shims for the trigger guard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom