Mosin-nagant Sniper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I got my Mosin back from the Mike at OPS Gunsmithing. Man I like it, too bad I don't get to shoot it today. Well here it is.

mosin-nagant sniper 001a.jpg

mosin-nagant sniper 002a.jpg

mosin-nagant sniper 003a.jpg

Enjoy.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes, it did get shimmed and boresighted and not sure about zero leveled. Mike's very good.

Zero leveled is where the crosshairs are matched to the bore at 0-0 on your scope. This will keep you from having to make major adjustments when your shooting. Granted range and drift will always be issue's, but for the battle sight zero movements should be minimal.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still don't know if it got zero'd, he told me he had to shimm it, and he showed me the boresight when I got there. I will tell you when I get to shoot it.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built one of these on a retired sniper several years ago. It was a tack driver--killed on the front end, and wounded on the back end. Shot dead on at 200 yards, and routinely rolled coyotes at that range. PITA to carry and handle in the field, and the safety is nearly impossible to use.

Got to reading about Stalingrad, and had to have it. Traded it for a nice Springfield 03-A3. CB