Mosin or Mauser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the looks of both those. from reading around I thought the Mosin was used a a "sniper" rifle ... Does that not indicate that it is a very accurate shooting rifle at further distances?

No, it doesn't.

The Mosin, Mauser, Enfield, M1 Grand, and Springfield A3's were all used as "sniper rifles" at one time or another. Heck, even a Italian Carcano was used to shoot president Kennedy. That doesn't make them a "sniper rifle" by any stretch of the imagination when compared to today's dedicated precision weapon systems.

I don't know but I would guess a Mosin/Mauser would be reliable shooting a 2/3 IPSC steel target at 500 yards. Naturally that's dependent on who's squeezing the trigger.

BTW, nobody uses the term "sniper rifle" now-a-days. A sniper or Scout Sniper is a person who is generally trained through the military or maybe law enforcement. In the Marine Corps they have a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS, think job) of 0317 or formally 8541.

Latest posts

Top Bottom