mosin question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't hunt, and the only use you see for whatever rifle you purchase is for range use, then you really don't really need a "multipurpose" gun do you? Sounds like you want a range gun. Next question is what kind of range time? Plinking, Bullseye etc...

If you want a inexpensive plinker with still-reasonable ammo cost, and want to move up from a .22lr, then the Mosin is a good fit. It won't cost you an arm and a leg, and you'll have a large caliber, bolt action rifle and a pile of ammo.

Reaction score
I'd buy it. A Mosin nagant is a great all around rifle. The ammo pretty cheap too. commercial Ammo is about 10$ a box. 440 rounds of surplus ammo is like 90$. So you can shoot alot without breaking the bank.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Evey time I take my mosin to the range it's a real head turner. Had a guy next to me ask about it, told him what it was and let him shoot it and he was grinning ear to ear. He had his kids there and they thought it was just the coolest thing ever... He mentioned that the three of them may be getting matching mosins real soon.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So it seems everyone is trying to buy a Mosin. What's the deal? Is a Mosin the next big thing? I have two and wouldn't part with either one. They are pretty cool, but it is still just a Mosin.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So it seems everyone is trying to buy a Mosin. What's the deal? Is a Mosin the next big thing? I have two and wouldn't part with either one. They are pretty cool, but it is still just a Mosin.
AJ, thats blasphamy! no mosin is just a mosin...well, maybe they are, but, we get attached to all of em!

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw that but i looked at the reviews a d saw a lot of them that said they were rusted out

Edit I think it was buds gun shop, they have them for $175 has any one dealt with them

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom