Mosin questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you should definitely have a mosin. I practically cant go to the range without taking mine I love shooting it so much. and believe it about the ammo, Honestly it doesn't matter if you shoot 3 rounds or 30 you still have to clean when you get home. I only have one :-( but its a finn he he he) My hub only has one but we are both wanting more, more more!!!! its a sickness.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The ammo is real cheap. 440 rounds for $72 at sgammo.com I had one but traded away. The ammo is cheap and the rifle is basically indestructible. I found shooting this rifle to be a pain, literally in shoulder. It kicks like a mule. If I were you, find someone that has one (these rifles are all over the place) and try it out and shoot it for yourself. See if you like it. I didn't want to spend my money on 5 shot bolt action rifle that shoots like a cannon. I'd rather shoot an AR or an AK. I could never get any accuracy out of the one I had. I read about the Russians snipers that use this rifle in WWII. To me, it was okay but I just didn't like shooting it.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All mine wear slip on recoil pads for above stated reason.

I'm sure you know, but for those who might not - be careful with leaving slip-on recoil pads installed on a rifle, as those can discolor the wooden stocks. I like to use a wearable recoil pad, so I can shoulder any long arm in my safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom