Mosin questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The mossins recoil is there but nothing like a 300 win mag. I can plink with it all day long. Course I am a big boy.6'2" an 270. That might make a differance

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only time the recoil from a mosin is ever an issue for me is when I'm shooting it off the bench. Otherwise, I can shoot it standing all day no problems. However, I do shoot all rifles (including bolt actions and hunting rifles) in a modern isosceles with my shoulder squared and the buttstock more toward the center of my chest like how I shoot AR's and AK's. I can see how the recoil can be brutal if you shoot more in a bladed stance where the buttstock is more on your shoulder arm, instead of your pectorial muscle.

I am in the process of possibly welding a huge obnoxious muzzle brake for my mosin scout carbine, however.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mosins recoil is nothing compared to a NEF handi-rifle in .500 S&W.
But, if i shoot an M44 enough it'll bruise my shoulder pretty good, gotta love that fireball though.

Blurplers

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would suggest getting this stock: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/7-M010300
will take a lil sanding to make it fit, but its worth it. i used dremel tool with sanding bit to make it fit. the main problem area is going to be right where the barrel meets the action. especially on a hex one. a round one might fit better. i hav a hex though which i think is better for the scope mount i got. My gun shoots multiple rounds on top of each other at 100 yds once i got the scope sighted in. Love the Mosin's.

okla1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big Boys Guns & Ammo usually has about 40 in stock!

Bore
Action
Pre WWII
Matching S/N
Tula star factory production = more collectable
Hex bolt = more collectable

Latest posts

Top Bottom