Mossberg 500 Firing Pin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CompIllitR8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an older model 500 12 guage that is missing the firing pin spring. I bought a spring from Midway, but it must be for the newer models, because it won't fit over the firing pin like on my newer shotgun. Will the new style firing pin replace the older one, or will there be a problem? Does anyone have a firing pin and maybe the bolt lock pin for a reasonable price?

kahrk-9

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be surprised if they changed much on the 500's over the years save metal for plastic. I don't know the answer to your question, but I have had really good luck with tech questions when I call Brownells. I have also had good luck getting info on AR15.com (they have a shotgun forum). Maybe Mossberg will help? If you were local I could tell you about a good gunsmith but as is I would say maybe post some pics or post a vid of the problem on Youtube if you can't get help at Brownells.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's at least 3 different variations of firing pins. if I remember right 1 uses no spring, 1 uses a spring and 1 uses a spring and a washer. then when you get off into the wards,sears, western auto etc variations there may be even more differences also 12ga is different than the 20 & 410 pin.
I glanced at my 500 parts drawers this afternoon I had 1 firing pin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom