Mossberg Cust. Support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of months ago I ordered a new forearm from Mossberg. It's for a 12 gauge pump and I paid immediately with credit card over the phone. "Yes sir, we'll have it right out to you!" was proclaimed. A few weeks later, I called again and the phone flunkie swore "We'll get it out to you today!". Yup, still no show. I called them again today and got another energetic buttnugget who swears "Sorry sir, it will be out in TODAYS mail!". Hmm, I'm seeing a pattern here.

I wouldn't mind at all if they stated they were behind and that orders were running late - it happens. However, I truly hate when they keep making promises that they won't fulfill.

Anyone wanna make a bet as to whether I'll even see it this year?

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a set amount of time that a company can charge your credit card and then deliver the goods without being in violation of merchant rules they signed with their credit card processor.

Which is why most trustworthy places will hold off charging you till the item is ready to ship. ( sportsmansguide.com for example follows the rules )

Neanderthal

Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't know that Quick, I'm going to have to check and see if they withdrew the money yet or not. I had assumed they had.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just found my letter from Sportsmans Guide.

This was sent to me after about a month of waiting for some back ordered ammo. They were asking me if I wanted to continue to wait for the item, and have my card charged when it was ready to ship.

"If we do not receive a reply from you within ten days we will cancel your backordered merchandise, in compliance with FTC law. We have not charged your card for the above item. If you choose to keep the item on order, we will charge your card when we ship the item."

Neanderthal

Special Hen
Reaction score
Did Sportsmans Guide promise you that they were sending you the order that day? That's my point with this post. Backorders or slow deliveries can be expected. However, Mossberg promised me on several occasions that it was to be shipped "today!", but failed to follow through with that.

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother in law had a similar experience with a 935 under warranty. First they said they would send out replacements for the broken parts. Then when they didn't arrive he called and they said he had to send the broken ones in first. No big deal must have been a misunderstanding. Then the wrong parts show up (remember now they had the broken ones to compare) they weren't even close. He called they apologized and then sent out the same set of wrong parts. The third box from Mossberg arrived yesterday with the right parts. The gun broke in December. I told him to sell the extra parts for his trouble Mossberg doesn't seem to want them back.

Evan

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did Sportsmans Guide promise you that they were sending you the order that day? That's my point with this post. Backorders or slow deliveries can be expected. However, Mossberg promised me on several occasions that it was to be shipped "today!", but failed to follow through with that.

They told me it would ship in August.

I was just making the point about the credit card because it was something that perhaps you could use as leverage the next time you get them on the phone.

I've dealt with Mossberg customer service before when I needed a tube spring replaced.

I spent nearly 30 minutes on hold.

But at least when I got on the phone the guy was helpful and the part showed up about a week later. But with as much bad press as I see about them on different message boards, I think I was pretty lucky.

Neanderthal

Special Hen
Reaction score
They told me it would ship in August.

I was just making the point about the credit card because it was something that perhaps you could use as leverage the next time you get them on the phone.

I've dealt with Mossberg customer service before when I needed a tube spring replaced.

I spent nearly 30 minutes on hold.

But at least when I got on the phone the guy was helpful and the part showed up about a week later. But with as much bad press as I see about them on different message boards, I think I was pretty lucky.

That's a good point, and appreciate your input. The best customer service I have ever experienced with a firearms Co. was with FN. They picked it up at more door and had the gun back as good as new in no time. I was floored with their speedy service and great care. Things like that go a long way with me, and I always take that to heart when purchasing guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom