Motorhome advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ithrowicecubes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There comes a time in every man's life when he wakes up one morning and thinks, "I should buy a motorhome." And that's what I've gone and done. This will be my first RV, so I have questions like:

Any pro-tips you've learned that you'd like to pass on?
What kind of gear should I get to go with it?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thoughts from a 5th Wheel owner:

Carry a small tool set
Folding lawn chairs (some that recline)
Folding table
Patio rug
Battery tender for when in storage
Gray water hose
Water supply hose
Black tank discharge hose
Surge protector
Conversion plug for 50 amp to 30 amp (some places only have 30 amp)
Grill and tools
Single ply TP
Paper towels
Black tank treatment
RV antifreeze for winterizing
Satellite antenna and receiver (required by wife)
Insect repellent
Pots, pans, dishes, cups, utensils, etc.

And a crap ton of other stuff that you will accumulate [emoji3]

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There comes a time in every man's life when he wakes up one morning and thinks, "I should buy a motorhome." And that's what I've gone and done. This will be my first RV, so I have questions like:

Are you planning to tow a vehicle behind it?

If not (and assuming the purchase hasn't happened yet), you might consider a trailer. They make some really nice ones.

With a trailer, you don't have to undo and redo (level, etc.) the whole setup if ya get a hankerin' for something from the store. And you will eventually... :D

Just a thought (advice from my late brother, years ago). Luck.
:drunk2:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Single ply TP? How gauche.

Gotta be single ply TP if you want the stuff to quickly breakdown and not clog up the sensors.

Speaking of sensors - if you don’t have a black tank spray option built into the RV, dump a bunch of the ice down the toilet before heading down the road. It will rattle around and clean the sensors until you get to a dump site.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Look for some RV forums that include people using all different kinds of RV's. You can learn a lot just by reading, but if you want to ask your own questions, you would need to register with the forums to be able to do that. This kind of forum will give you general information about RV'ing.

Look for a forum that is specific to your brand (or considered brand) of RV. Reading what they speak of gives one an idea of any problems with said brands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom