Movie "The Hunt"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched the trailer and seen nothing political in it.
Maybe it is the fact people read political things into movies when they really are not there.

Or maybe I just like a good action packed movie and do not read politics into anything.
Looks like a survival game movie to me.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched the trailer and seen nothing political in it.
Maybe it is the fact people read political things into movies when they really are not there.

Or maybe I just like a good action packed movie and do not read politics into anything.
Looks like a survival game movie to me.

I believe there was supposedly a quote in there about the people being hunted as "deplorables", and obvious references to them being politically on the opposite end of the spectrum as those doing the hunting, but from what I recall, it wasn't clear which side was supposed to be right or left or however you want to group people.

The hubbub came up from people assuming the 'hunted' were the right due to the 'deplorable' comment from one of the characters. Maybe they ended up removing that line?

This is all from my admittedly imperfect memory, and I have no desire to see the movie, so it's of little consequence to me, either way.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suppose I would need to watch it to get the full effect of the meanings of phrases and words.
Just taking a few words from a line of words and twisting them is pretty much like many Church teachings.

I want the entire story.
On another note but still in the hunt for humans.
An old one with Ice-T Surviving The Game. From 1994.
Pretty good.

StitchJones

Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suppose I would need to watch it to get the full effect of the meanings of phrases and words.
Just taking a few words from a line of words and twisting them is pretty much like many Church teachings.

I want the entire story.
On another note but still in the hunt for humans.
An old one with Ice-T Surviving The Game. From 1994.
Pretty good.
The entire plot and context of The Hunt was political but it was a fun action movie nonetheless.

That Ice T movie was great back in the day. I believe they just did a remake or made a very similar movie (not sure if it's out yet?).

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The entire plot and context of The Hunt was political

I would like to watch it anyway.
I usually do not get the small clues that point to political stuff.
Probably helps to know peoples names and what they do to help you see these little snippets of political stuff.

Or maybe not .
I am the worst with names always have been.
But give me numbers..I am all about numbers.
I can tell you the cam specs and tire and engine sizes of many friends cars in high school.
But I can't remember many of their names.

StitchJones

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to watch it anyway.
I usually do not get the small clues that point to political stuff.
Probably helps to know peoples names and what they do to help you see these little snippets of political stuff.

Or maybe not .
I am the worst with names always have been.
But give me numbers..I am all about numbers.
I can tell you the cam specs and tire and engine sizes of many friends cars in high school.
But I can't remember many of their names.
Man, I can relate to that! It's a good flick for sure. The wife and I enjoy movie night. We just watched The Outpost. Absolutely great movie. Clint Eastwood"s boy was in it. Looked and sounds just like his dad.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I can relate to that! It's a good flick for sure. The wife and I enjoy movie night. We just watched The Outpost. Absolutely great movie. Clint Eastwood"s boy was in it. Looked and sounds just like his dad.
Man, I'm conflicted about The Outpost. That movie is taken from Jake Tapper's book, but Clint Romesha (the real Medal of Honor recipient Eastwood portrays) is also trying to get his story on the screen. It's weird--I first heard about it when Mat Best was on Rocco Vargas's podcast, and they (both former Rangers and friends of Romesha) didn't have much nice to say about Tapper, but then Eastwood and Jariko Denman (former Ranger and technical advisor for the movie) were on BRCC's Free Range American podcast (which Best frequently hosts, although Logan Stark was flying solo on that one)...

Best and Rocco:

Eastwood and Denman on Free Range American

StitchJones

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I'm conflicted about The Outpost. That movie is taken from Jake Tapper's book, but Clint Romesha (the real Medal of Honor recipient Eastwood portrays) is also trying to get his story on the screen. It's weird--I first heard about it when Mat Best was on Rocco Vargas's podcast, and they (both former Rangers and friends of Romesha) didn't have much nice to say about Tapper, but then Eastwood and Jariko Denman (former Ranger and technical advisor for the movie) were on BRCC's Free Range American podcast (which Best frequently hosts, although Logan Stark was flying solo on that one)...

Best and Rocco:

Eastwood and Denman on Free Range American

Thanks for posting those interviews, bud! Interesting stuff, didn't know any of the backstory. Hanging out in the yard with the kids with ear buds in now.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watched The Hunt last night ..it was good and some funny parts and if it was political message sending I suppose my brain
missed that.
I liked it and gotta love the kicking butt gal in it.
If ya like em a little crazy she would be just the ticket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom