Movies to Help Pass the Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
finally broke down and picked the blue-ray of Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny. After hearing some pretty bad stuff about it, I was leery of buying it, but once I watched it, I didn't think that it was nearly as bad as people were saying it was.

Now, it was far from my favorite IJ film, but it was very watchable and even though the Nazis-as-the-bad-guys theme wore very thin a long time ago, it was a very entertaining movie.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got in the Bluray for an oldie but goodie, Enemy Mine. It's a 1985 SciFi war movie, where the "hero" and an enemy pilot have to learn how to live with each other after both crashing on the same planet. Very well done film by Wolfgang Peterson, makes sense I had to get it from Germany. Stars Dennis Quaid and Louis Gossett Jr.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone is intersted in an absolutely outstanding Civil War courtroom drama,, the 1970 play The Andersonville Trial is on youtube. Directed by George C. Scott, the acting by such people as William Shatner, Jack Cassidy, Richard Basehart and Cameron Mitchell, was absolutely superb. Mitchell played General Lew Wallace who later was governor of the New Mexico Territory, and wrote the novel Ben-Hur. Shatner is one of the very few credited cast members (Michael Burns, and Martin Sheen are the only others) who, more than fifty yers later, are still alive.

Watch it on youtube if you like historic dramas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom