Mr. Glock, FDE Gen4 Glock pic as requested...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20140622_200931.jpg

I included my FDE Magpul AR parts so you can see the difference. Glocks FDE is a darker brown, I'd call it Coyote Brown before I'd call it FDE.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey thanks Cavedweller, I picked up a FDE G19 Gen4 for my Son in Law, traded one of my Gen4 G19 blacks for it. Got it home and that is when I found out that I did not have a FDE Gen4 G17 after all, it was indeed a OD Green G17 Gen4. So I bought another G19 Gen4 Black from fellow member Gabriel42. I would like to find a OD Green Gen4 G19 one of these days.

I like Glocks FDE, it is different than some shades of others, especially Magpul and such. But it looks good!

I also see a threaded barrel too huh? What type of barrel did you put in it or came in it?

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also see a threaded barrel too huh? What type of barrel did you put in it or came in it?

It's a Lonewolf. I have one in my G21SF too. Also added a Vicker's Ext mag release last night and I have a set of Warren Tactical/Sevigny Carry NS that will go on it once I hydro-coat the slide in Kryptek Highlander.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a Lonewolf. I have one in my G21SF too. Also added a Vicker's Ext mag release last night and I have a set of Warren Tactical/Sevigny Carry NS that will go on it once I hydro-coat the slide in Kryptek Highlander.

Sweet! I always put in the Factory Glock extended Slide release and mag release, just installed two of each recently in my new Gen 4's, and then my son in law goes and orders the Vickers. Damn, I like em better, the roundness is nice on them. Oh well, I live and learn. Here is my OD Green 17 Gen4 that the guy sold me that thought it was a FDE, and I couldn't tell anyway either.

1st photo shows it next to son in laws FDE G19 Gen4, second photo I was goofing off and put the Lonewolf Glock 17L barrel in it. There sure is a difference in the looks of the FDE and OD Green when sitting side by side.