MRE's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im a fan of the chili mac, not sure what they have now a days that was about ten years ago. When I was stationed WAY up north we had freeze dried mre's, they where great or I was starving more than usual!

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i've bought a few different mre's before always liked the chiili mac, turkey and gravy, and the brownies were pretty good too. many were so horrible even a half bottle of tobasco sauce could make them worth eating. good food for taking camping though.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have only tried MREs a couple of time. Reminded me to much of the old C-Rats we tried when I was a kid.
Anyone else remember the c-rats eggs???? :puke::puke::puke:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
M-Meal
R-Refusing to
E-Exit

High protein meals that are designed to be burned up by the body to provide energy. Thats what they told us in Basic anyways.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the eversafe brand. The stew and BBQ are pretty good. At around 80 bucks a case they are pretty pricey but good. I bought a dessert assortment that had a bad ace marble cake in it that was delicious. Hell ive even got a few cases of some that have real peanut m&m's in them. Not bad at all. Im not a fan of the GI issue chicken al a king but if it's all I had I'm sure they'd be excellent.

zodiacflyer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the Ham slice went away. I liked it, if you didn't mind the salt, it was pretty good. My favorite would have to be Chicken and Salsa, or Chicken Stew. And...the "country captain" should get a BCD...after he spends some time at Leavenworth playing the "Big rock, little rock, gravel....." game. I mean, if I'm gonna be stuck with the food, for a few days.... I mean really stuck... at least it should taste like something other than a cross between dryer lint, cat food, and cardboard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom