Mt. Lion Ruined Hunt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locals ONLY

New to the site!
Reaction score
AllOut, I can assure you that I am a real person with one account created today. I had not seen this forum until a friend emailed me a link, he thought I'd get a kick out of the Mt. Lion story. After reading all the posted comments it looked like a good place to post a few of my own opinions, opinions that are definitely shared by plenty of other people over here. As a matter of fact I could introduce you to 5 landowners that won't lease hunting rights out for every 1 that will.

It is pretty interesting to see how worked up you got there, judging by your spelling you seem a little ruffled. Us poor ignorant clod hoppers sure appreciate your charity payments so we don't have to sleep on the cold dirt floors of our sod houses...

Of course there are people that care more about money than anything else, and they will continue to lease land to people. Those people will come over and hunt and tell stories to all their buddies and post pics on the new fangled internet. Then guess what happens lots of people that are NOT WILLING to work hard and put in overtime to earn enough money to lease ground and do things the right way show up over here in good'ole (insert rural county of your choosing here). Leaving the LOCALS to deal with the mess. We get to run the same jackasses off year after year because they saw a pic/heard a story/read it online/it was in the Tulsa World/ Blah Blah Blah.

So yes I am willing to "throw it back in your face" and if you don't like it tough go spend your precious money somewhere else. Because with all your lion cubs prancing and 140" deer walking around all over the place stories you are part of the problem.

When you honor us with your presence and save us from our ignorance and poverty during rifle season again this year I'll be the guy proudly walking around in the LOCALS ONLY sweat shirt. So feel free to come call me names again, hell if you feel really froggy come offer me some money for a lease.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do u charge per acre:Heya:

Like I said u just fell into it at the wrong time and got caught up in the whole troll bit....:sorry1:

Why would i want to be introduced to 5 land owners if they wont let me hunt there property???
Ok enough with the smarta$$ comments from me, I think we may have gotten a little twisted around with each other, first i dont know where u got i was calling farmers from GC poor ignorant clod hoppers and i wasnt considering my $ a saving grace. The sleeping in the cold statment was just a figure of speech, except for one guy who did have to sleep in the cold. But u complain about "out of towners" and consider us all to be the same. Well we are not, we (me and YOU) actually complain about the same type of people, the opening day rifle orange army who are in their trucks driving the roads an hour after sun up looking to shoot a deer on your property from the warmth of the drivers seat. Gun/Hunting Clubs are even worse! They are just a bunch of rich "More Money than Sense" (I got to use the word) POSERS who do nothing but jack the prices up on leases and make it harder for the working class guys who actually have a little respect for the area to find a decent spot to hunt. Yes i have ran them off my lease as well and think those guys ruin things for guys like me. As for me, I hunted my Grant Co lease 2-4 days a week every week from October to January last year (I save all my vaction time for hunting season) not just show up opening day of rifle with the gun hanging out the window. I hunted with a bow most the time. There is no need to stick your chest out any further and invite me to a show down at your place, I wont be out there this year cause i have a spot on this side of the highway i am testing out...... But my buddies will be out there tomarrow on one of our spots, i can give u the location if u want to give them a hard time :)
As for my kittens chasing bambi story, it was a story i was told and figured everyone would get a kick out of it. If I knew it would have stired up a hornets nest with the locals I would have just kept it to myself

P.S.
Welcome to the board and as for my spelling, get use to it I wasnt ruffled I just suck at spelling.:teach:

Yaaahhh!!!

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope that you are the kind of guy that comes up and does things the right way (I certainly don't know you, but I've heard otherwise). But, when you get on here and try to impress people with your GC lease that is covered with 140" deer and wrestling lions, you're asking to be stereotyped. It's becoming incresingly difficult for locals to gain land access. I attribute this to the out of town crowd that comes up here, abuses people's property, then heads back home never to be seen again. Unfortunately the people that really appreciate the area end up paying the price.

I understand a troll to be someone that makes smart-assed/controversial posts in order to invoke ("troll" for) a reaction from other forum members. If that is an accurate definition, then I suppose I am one. It's the "unfunny" part that strikes a nerve.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this fight, but are you also implying that no one from "the city" has a right to strike a deal with a land owner/farmer and hunt on their property? Are we just supposed to belly up with everyone that is not a "local" and hunt a WMA? Or is your point that people are abusing their hunting privileges and advocating it to the the web for everyone to see? I don't know Allout, but from what I've read he's seems to be respectful of his lease and do things the right way. For myself, I have become friends with a land owner here in Custer county and have a prettygood thing going. I have a place to bring my family and spend quality time with them a create memories for them to take with them throughout their lives and can hopefully pass that down to their children. Granted, I raise them to be respectful of the land and hope they can find someone as open minded and generous as I have. Not some one with an attitude or belief of "locals only" or if you weren't born here, get to stepping.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yaah
I know we dont know each other or at least we dont know if we do but that goes for everyone else on the board... I personally know maybe one or two people that use this board and i dont even know their screen names so if someone is telling u stuff about me they dont have a clue.
Have tested some nerves? U damn right just like mine have been tested but at the end of the day this is all in good fun for me and i mean nothing by it... But your off a little about the guys who screw hunting for everyone its not just out of towner, i have seen tons of locals doing things that make land owner pissed

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to win, I mean be drawn for the Wichita Mountain Refuge elk hunt once. It was a cow permit and I was dropped off at Panther creek (I'm serious that is where I wanted to hunt) early the 1st morning.

Since I wasn't familiar with the area and didn't want to disturb the game I sat down by a tree on the creek & waited for enough light to still-hunt.

It was strange how quiet it was and then I heard a kind of screaming-moaning sound which I assumed to be a mountain lion in heat. The screaming went on bout 10 minutes. I have no idea what it was but in my mind I thought it had to be a cougar.

It sure made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.....I couldn't wait for daylight to come. I've always wanted to hunt them and maybe one day I will but I've never seen one in the wild but I do believe we have them

I couldn't take a picture of any big game without having lots of time to prepare as you must have the camera ready and be able to focus, adjust and shoot the shot all this without alerting the game. I'll take pictures when I'm finished hunting if I remember to take a camera.

And by the way I was blessed to take a nice cow elk on the next mornings hunt.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My family has two sections of land in NW oklahoma and I have 3/4 of a section next to the family land in the process of building on and I am in the process of acquiring the other 1/4 section to give me a full section....My family will move out there permanently in the spring after this school year.... We quit leasing about four years ago and now we do not lease at all anymore.... It is hard enough to keep illegal hunters from our property.... much less deal with people leasing our property then bringing their uncles cousins dads friends next door neighbors with them....

You know the old story give one guy permission to hunt he brings a buddy who them comes back with one of his buddies and pretty soon everyone is hunting there with land owners permission of course....

Funny story, last year we approached a guy placing a deer stand and we said "what you up to?" he said just setting up for hunting in the morning.... we said you have permission to hunt here he said "sure I do I talked with ____ ____ (insert my dads name) last night and he said that it was fine.... Funny part of the story is it was my dad asking him the question the one he supposedly talked to the night before, and he was such good friends with.... we just laughed and asked him to leave and not to come back.... never have seen him again.... funny thing though we found out how he knew my dad so well.... my dad let the guy this guy knew hunt about 25years ago....

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so you're saying you want to control your land and everyone else's too.sorry but just because you live there doesn't give you rights to feel over run because your neighbor leases his. or were you hoping to slip over on his and hunt ,but you can't cause some one leased it?

i wish i was the only one to eat at my favorite resturant,then i wouldn't have to wait in line and be inconvienced by other diners. but it's not up to me because i don't own it.

get over yourself local boy and worry about your own land and nobody else's

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I can kind of understand how the guys feel and where they are comming from. When i first started leasing out there in the early 2000's a lease was fairly easy to come by and reasonably priced even for an "out of towner" so i bet it was really easy for the local boys. Now there was still a LOT of people hunting that area but nothing like there is now. Well its a different story now, I have lost a few leases to guys and clubs with more money even had a gun club buy a lease out from under us for almost 3X what we paid. The worst part now is u have guys that used to hunt/lease and realized its easier just to road hunt out there. So there are guys who will drive out there rent a hotel and hunt from the road instead of buying a lease. I have had guys circle my lease all morning long with orange hats on with the window down and a gun barrel out the window while I was sitting in my stand (lets just say they had a cross hair on the door of the truck every time they passed). Had guys last year sit in the truck at the road and watch my feeders while i was hunting on them, its hard to miss me with an orange vest in a tripod 50yrds from the thing. Now this stuff REALY ticks me off so i can only imagine how the locals and land owners feel about it. But its not fair that they say its all out of towners and considers us all to be the same way. Like stated above some of the locals can be just as shady if not more and we have had some real issues with a few. So land is getting leased up and the locals lost all the hunting they had for years and cant or dont want to compete for it.... ya it suck! But what the Grant Co. locals need to realize is this goes on all over the state not just Grant Co.

Latest posts

Top Bottom