Mt. Lion Ruined Hunt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locals ONLY

New to the site!
Reaction score
did he say anything about mt lions??? Anyone seeing any? Varifying they are out there??? Anything

I just got off the phone with the GW for Grant Co. and he verified that mountain lions are being released right here in Grant Co. Contrary to popular belief it was not to control the whitetail deer population, but an even more insidious threat...THE OUT OF AREA HUNTERS THAT ARE RUINING GRANT COUNTY.

So for your own safety PLEASE PLEASE stay on the East side of I-35.

By the way praising someone for shooting a 4 point is fine, he was probably a local boy that was left hunting scraps after all the city boys got done shooting up the county.

Yaaahhh!!!

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the GW for Grant Co. and he verified that mountain lions are being released right here in Grant Co. Contrary to popular belief it was not to control the whitetail deer population, but an even more insidious threat...THE OUT OF AREA HUNTERS THAT ARE RUINING GRANT COUNTY.

So for your own safety PLEASE PLEASE stay on the East side of I-35.

By the way praising someone for shooting a 4 point is fine, he was probably a local boy that was left hunting scraps after all the city boys got done shooting up the county.

I been tryin to tell you guys. Now I've got proof. YAAAHHHH!!!

Reaction score
I think the Wildlife Dept. and some of the locals have put their heads together and released them to cut down on the out of town posers.

Hmmmmm..... is the plan for the mountain lions to kill the deer that posers come in for -- or just for them to cut out the middleman and kill the posers directly? Wonder how they're gonna train them to kill the posers but leave the non-poser hunters alone - maybe if hunter has a full-body deer decoy, and an AR-50 in .338 Lapua, then "sick 'em"!!!!

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmmm..... is the plan for the mountain lions to kill the deer that posers come in for -- or just for them to cut out the middleman and kill the posers directly? Wonder how they're gonna train them to kill the posers but leave the non-poser hunters alone - maybe if hunter has a full-body deer decoy, and an AR-50 in .338 Lapua, then "sick 'em"!!!!

They attack at the smell of aftershave and cologne!

Reaction score
I wanna add this: To the extent that sightings are become more frequent, and to the extent that they are true - actually here; this just might make sense on an ecosystem basis on food supply alone, due to the pig population rapidly spreading. While an adult pig is probably about as difficult for a mountain lion to catch and take down as an adult deer, when it comes to feeding on the young'uns: (a) there's a lot more litters of piglets per year than with deer - not just one, but two or three, (b) there's a lot more piglets per litter than just the one or two that does have, and (c) they have shorter legs and are easier to catch. I've heard of people catching piglets more than once, but you don't hear of people catching fawns with their bare hands. Momma may be tougher to fight off, but if she charges you drop the piglet you have in your mouth, and while she's busy checking on it, grab another squealer.

Just sayin, that may be a big part of why sightings have ramped up since the late 90s/2000. (they have ramped up, haven't they?)

They attack at the smell of aftershave and cologne!

Ha ha. And oh yeah, they are trained to spot the Scent-Lok and Under Armour tags.

Yaaahhh!!!

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanna add this: To the extent that sightings are become more frequent, and to the extent that they are true - actually here; this just might make sense on an ecosystem basis on food supply alone, due to the POSER population rapidly spreading. While an adult POSER is probably about as difficult for a mountain lion to catch and take down as an adult deer, when it comes to feeding on the young'uns: (a) there's a lot more litters of POSERS per year than with deer - not just one, but two or three, (b) there's a lot more POSERS per litter than just the one or two that does have, and (c) they have shorter legs and are easier to catch. I've heard of people catching POSERS more than once, but you don't hear of people catching fawns with their bare hands. Momma may be tougher to fight off, but if she charges you drop the POSER you have in your mouth, and while she's busy checking on it, grab another squealer.

Just sayin, that may be a big part of why sightings have ramped up since the late 90s/2000. (they have ramped up, haven't they?)

Ha ha. And oh yeah, they are trained to spot the Scent-Lok and Under Armour tags.

Oh great. Now all of the posers are going to be flooding GC to hunt the booming feral hog population. The wildlife department released them to feed the lions when the posers finally run out. Fixed it for ya.

Latest posts

Top Bottom