"Mudcats"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APeterson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The show "Mudcats" has been cancelled by NatGeo after its second season.
If you haven't seen the show it is a catfish noodling show filmed here in Oklahoma. The premise of the show is that they cover a noodling invitational tournament over several weeks.

I get a kick out of it because the weekly weigh-in location is "The Rock-a-way Tavern" in Guthrie. Right across from the Logan County check station.

The show was doomed to fail as NatGeo pitted it on the same day and time slot as cable T.V's most popular show "The Walking Dead". Hope Marion Kincaid, Scooter Bivens and Don "Cat Daddy" Brewer all the best.

bgdrhntr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a noodler myself I'm glad to see the show cancelled. Called way too much attention to one of my favorite sports. Seems like last year I ran into way more people out noodling then I ever have.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scooter lives down the road from me. Super nice guy. He and Skipper are the biggest celebs around here.
Had the film crew coming into our restaurant on a pretty regular basis, when they were filming. Always hoped to get some free advertising, but they never rolled any film, while they were in town.
Not as well done or as entertaining as "Hillbilly Handfishing", but I always watched. Hate to see it leave. Like "Sons of Gun" and "American Guns" they put a positive light on our way of life and not glorify some drugged out, gansta wannabe BS.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As a noodler myself I'm glad to see the show cancelled. Called way too much attention to one of my favorite sports. Seems like last year I ran into way more people out noodling then I ever have.

this is the reason i am glad to see them go off air,there use not be enough people that noodled to hurt anything ,but thesse kind of shows and the noodleing tourments made it the cool thing to do so everyone was giving it a try and it is having affect on the flathead poupalation.not against noodling just wish it was closeed while they are spawning

Latest posts

Top Bottom