Muzzle Sweep at the range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to Big Boys, they actually have an range master that is stationed inside the gun range at all times. He is there to help assist customers in safety and rule compliance. I've even been tapped on the shoulder to slow down my rate a fire. They also have a great gun rental program. 10 for 10. $10 dollars for any gun, 10 bullets, free lane and target.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me just say. If you are a new gun owner, don't bring 4 girls (or guys) with you to shoot, especially if you don't emphasize muzzle awareness.
I avoid being around groups such as that quoted. I may go help correct the safety problems being presented if that is a good solution.

As a good gun owner, its important to introduce new people to firearms. Its also a judgement responsibility to figure out how many/who is safe, given the individuals and facility involved.

Being swept by any gun, loaded or not, is a BAD experience. Getting shot by one is a LOT worse. It would not be a good way to introduce someone new to firearms.

Okey-Dokey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good. I was planning on hitting the range there at some point with my wife. Unfortunately with the general public, you pretty much run the risk everywhere you go to a public range to encounter unsafe buffoons.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They did a good job talking to them. However a couple of more bozo's showed up with the second muzzle sweep. Apparently they didn't even check in so I believe they got booted or left in shame after being 'talked to' very loudly. I always try to get an end that way I only have to worry about one side...

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Canadian Valley, off Banner, Friday afternoon. Maybe 10 people there. Had a good time. It was good to see Harry! He remembered me as I used to be his UPS guy years ago.
Only trash I seen were targets that were shot up.

A group of 3 guys got the ole, " NO RAPID FIRE" warning.. lol

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
While out at OKC gun club monday I was on the bench rest range. A guy had just walked up to the line. That made a total of three of us there. He asked if he could post targets. I said Im clear and cleared my rifle and sat it on the rack. The other two went and checked/posted targets. The guy that asked came back to the benches and started fiddling with stuff. I wasnt paying a lot of attention because Im looking for brass and all. All of a sudden this guy launches one off. I yell at him that does he not see the guy AND his truck at the 200 yd range??!!!. Oh,no I didnt. Well the guy comes back and he has a look on his face. Before he says anything all this guy can muster is "I guess I owe you an apology"...really? Thats it. If that had been me he shot at there would have been a come to Jesus meeting. Just teaches the lesson when shooting with people you dont know BE CAREFUL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom