My African Hunt Photos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.rehme

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking about a 9.3x62, that looks like a great round.

I recently picked up a Remington Dangerous Game 1 of 500 in .375 H&H, at the recommendation of the PH put on a Aimpoint using quick release Leupold rings.
A person can keep both eyes open that way.
That is my up close and personal gun.
I want to shoot a Buffalo next, this has been a lifetime goal for me.

The Cape Buffalo we were around hid out in very heavy cover, my son's Black Springbok ended up in where a herd of 25-30 Cape lived. The Guy who's land we were hunting on was afraid the Buffalo's would take us. We quickly loaded up the Springbok and moved out to shoot photos.

Earlier in the day out looking for that Springbok we slipped up a hill to look at a valley on the other side, Came face to face with a Rhino. The Rhino was chewing on some grass and didn't hear us, we back away very slow and careful. The Rhino winded us, ran back a few yards spun around staring at us, then turned tail and ran, really didn't act like it liked us disturbing it's meal.
The old .325 sure felt pretty small at that time.
The two PH's with us had no guns and my son had his .270 so it would have been up to me to stop the charge if it happened!
The PH told me that the White rhino's there weren't very aggressive but if it would have been another area with Black Rhino's we would have been in trouble. He said my .325 was plenty gun as you brain shoot them when they charge.
All I could think about at that point was the 125K or more the thing would have cost me in a trophy fee!

Latest posts

Top Bottom