My AR blew up on me today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would check around for a metal fabrication shop to see if the have a MPI station, if they don't ask where they have their stuff inspected or if they know of a place or can recommend another shop. I'm certified in magnetic particle inspection, ultrasonic, eddy current and it's fairly common for larger shops, especially if they do oilfield or engine parts, to have MPI in-house. Ultrasonic/eddy current is quite a bit more complex so I'm not sure if you'll find that locally, besides it would cost way too much money. Another option might be radiographic testing but I have no experience with it and I don't know it's limitations or availability.

I can't believe there's not a nondestructive inspection place around here that can't check that barrel out. I guess it's probably "won't" instead of "can't" but seems like a waiver would take care of the liability but maybe that's not enough these days.

I did a little searching and didn't come up with anyone who specifically listed gun barrel inspection but I did come across a website that lists several companies that do nondestructive inspection. Maybe one of them can do it, won't hurt to look through them.

http://www.dmoz.org/Business/Industrial_Goods_and_Services/Calibration_and_Testing/Nondestructive_Testing/Vendors/

Latest posts

Top Bottom