My AR blew up on me today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once you get the case out, check it out good for a bulge. You should be able to see it visually pretty easy if it's there. I cleaning jag and patch will likely let you feel it too. If you can't see or feel anything have it mag particle inspected like Dennis said. Another method is fluorescent penetrant but mag particle is a lot better and should be easy enough to find. If you want it done local check out Southwest United Industries. They are based in Tulsa but did have a facility out on Morgan Road.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, it was my 14.5" BCM with a factory load.

I just emailed BCM to see if they can inspect it for any damage. Hopefully they can do something.

The lower is a Code Red and I think the upper receiver is a Yankee Hill. The bcg and barrel are both BCM.

Just to clarify...this is a parts gun with some BCM parts, not a BCM gun right? I imagine you might get BCM to inspect the barrel but I wouldn't expect much else.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you are okay. The BCG and barrel are quality parts. I'm thinking something was wrong with the ammo, or excessive headspace maybe?

I think it was the ammo. I've shot a lot of rounds through this gun without any issues.

Just to clarify...this is a parts gun with some BCM parts, not a BCM gun right? I imagine you might get BCM to inspect the barrel but I wouldn't expect much else.

Yep, all I'm hoping for is for them to test the barrel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom