My AR blew up on me today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have access to a bore scope if you need it.

I'll probably reach out to you for that.

I just heard back from Southwest United Industries for a quote on Magnetic Particle Testing and was told that the ATF won't allow them to process firearm parts. Does anyone know of this is accurate for all companies that do this type of testing?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I just heard back from Southwest United Industries for a quote on Magnetic Particle Testing and was told that the ATF won't allow them to process firearm parts. Does anyone know of this is accurate for all companies that do this type of testing?

The barrel isn't a firearm. Only the lower. And I guarantee they have done "firearms parts" just not for the public at large. Think .gov contracts and M2...

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Take just barrel and tell its a piece of tubing.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I emailed him back for clarification and he said he didn't know the actual ATF regulations but it was Southwest United's policy to not test firearm parts. So it went from something to do with the ATF to it being their policy.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks. I'm thinking that it may be a liability issue. Since your barrel isn't serialized they have no way of knowing that they tested that SPECIFIC barrel if it blows up after they say it's good. I mean someone could sue for damages after blowing up any barrel and say it was the one they tested. You might try some oilfield inspection services around town. They are everywhere. Can't believe that BCM can't check that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom