My current project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, this is awesome, I have been looking at these recently. Went on a trail ride with some friends last month, one guy and myself were on 4 wheelers, another 2 has SXS. We camped on the trail for 2 nights and I quickly realized that I'm getting a little old and soft for a 4 wheeler when it comes to 10+ hour day rides. I can't afford a proper SXS. I started noticing these, and they can be found with some searching and in some level of repair for under 2 grand. Looking forward to watching this evolve. Let me know when your done playing with it, I might be interested!

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the kit that I bought. I don't know if I'm even going to use it, but I have it.
P1010478.JPG

The tank on the Minnie is 8 gallons or so, I purchased this kit - it claims up to 12.

The components can be purchased separately:
- The cleaner is just an alkali (base) degreaser, much the same as the ZEP brand I purchased at WalMart in the gallon jug. My tank was so nasty, that quart of cleaner would have never been enough.

- The "Rust Blast" is a phosphoric acid solution, a 'rust converter', that can be purchased at any auto parts or paint supply store. It converts the rust to zinc phosphate. I have most of a quart bottle of some Jasco brand 'Prep & Primer' that I got at NAPA some years ago. I'll use that up first.

- The sealer is a humidity-activated single-stage epoxy. Many companies make one - POR comes to mind.

P1010480.JPG

Oh hell - it says "For Professional Use Only". I can just imagine some Fed Alphabet agency busting down the door when the word gets out that I used it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom