My Daughter's First Day at Range with Her Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USSWaddell

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my daughter a S&W 22LR for her birthday. She's my shooting buddy, so I figured she needed something to learn with. I took her to the range today with her new revolver for the first time. The action was a little too hard for her, so we did the first few rounds single action and then let her use two fingers for a while. Lots of fun!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30528635&l=ebf23680a1&id=1204741857

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw you guys this afternoon when I was done shooting in the rifle match. It is outstanding that she's is your shooting buddy, it's a great thing. My 16 year old daughter likes to shoot too, she's always bragging to her freinds about it. lol...

USSWaddell

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We sat on the driveway tonight and I taught her the necessity and discipline of cleaning your weapon after shooting. We had some nice talks while doing so. Nothing cleans up like a stainless s&w. Yes... we were at Oil Capitol...it would have been nice to talk to some of you if I knew who was who from the forum.

Emily is 12 years old. I wrote a note and placed it in her pistol case when I gave her the most heart fealt gift I've ever given anyone. Only you guys can really appreciate how big of a deal this was for each of us. The note read....

1. You are my shooting buddy and I wanted you to have your very own gun.
2. Daddy won't always be around to protect you....but this revolver and the skills I teach you will.
3. I can't think of any other gift I can give you that you'll have your whole life and give to your daughter or grand-daughter. I love my girl!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
USSWaddell- Just figured out who you are. We've had lunch together a couple of times with the old BC guys. I started there after you had already moved on. Graham is on here too "Sooner_22". Go figure! ;-)

Cool deal on the .22 for you daughter! My 8 yr old son has taken quite a liking to my S&W 34.

Latest posts

Top Bottom