My first Bolt gun...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here it is...

AAC/Remington Model 7 .300 Blackout with a Nikon P-300 BDC scope.

Now I got to make my mind up if I want to do a .308 can, or just get a pistol can for it.

SPCAS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one of those beauties myself. I run a 7.62SDN6 on it. With Subsonic its extremely quiet. Basically just the 220gr bullets hitting the target. Love the size of the gun. Fits my Daughter perfectly, gonna be her Hunting gun this year

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was kinda thinking about the 7.62SDN6 myself, but not sure I want to drop that kind of bank on a .308 can. I do not have any .308 rifles. I got one rifle can AAC M4 2000 for my AR's so I do not know if I want to go down that road just yet. On the other hand I have been looking at a AAC Ti-Rant .45 can for my HK 9mm. With me going for the bigger can, I can use it with .300 BLKout sub ammo, and I would like to get a HK 45C Tactical some day soon. Just so to many to pick from and only so much money!!! lol

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice rig!
I think the rifle can would serve you much better. Would you hunt with supersonic loads? I'm not sure AAC would warranty a TiRant shot with supersonic blackout loads. You could save a little and go with a thread on can instead if QD, especially if you already have a 556 can.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I seem to like it a lot.

Nice rig!
I think the rifle can would serve you much better. Would you hunt with supersonic loads? I'm not sure AAC would warranty a TiRant shot with supersonic blackout loads. You could save a little and go with a thread on can instead if QD, especially if you already have a 556 can.

Now with the can, I am still very open to getting a 30 cal can. I do not think I will get a high end AAC if I go for a rifle can. but I still have not made my mind up just yet. I am still very new to the .300 BlackOut for I am still reading up on it when I can. I am even kicking the idea around about doing a FORM 1 and making one for this rifle. I got a hook up for Inconel, and 316 SS.
I can be in it for about $300 to $400.00 with the tax stamp. Now will it be as good as the AAC?? NO it will not but I think it will do what I need it to do.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice. I bought one several months ago. I shot a 1 1/8" five shot group on a very windy day on our 100 yd. range. I was using 220 gr. MatchKings subsonic and using my AAC Cyclone. It's Hollywood quiet. I'm using a 10X Zeiss but, plan to get the Leupold that's got the 220 gr. subsonic recticle soon.