My first diesel -

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Truck that is. I've had tractors that will run on any diesel you put in the tank.

So I'm trying to figure out where to buy diesel fuel. From reading the owners manual, this new Duramx sounds damn picky on the fuel, as in stay away from bio-diesel fuel.

You guys have filling station recommendations on where to buy or stay away from when buying diesel?

New L5P Duramax
450 hp
910 lb-ft of torque

IMG_0976.JPG

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any stations that sell a lot of fuel,you should be good to go. I know back in the 80's Kerr Magee had a diesel called blue maxx that was really good. But now with all the federal regulations, I don't believe there is as much difference.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There isn't any difference that I know of just as long as you grab the green handled pump. Weak attempt at humor I know but it's early. I get better as the day goes along....

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeppers...

...stick with places that sell a lot of diesel. And, when Winter comes, ask them about winterized diesel. Back in the day when I delivered fuels to farms, we used to mix No. 1 diesel (kerosene) with the No. 2 diesel to help prevent it from gelling. Gelled fuel will leave you sitting on the side of the road until it warms up enough to flow.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What's said above as far as buying places that sell a lot of gallons. Locally for your usual fill up if you have a Cenex local it will have the additives already added. We burn hundreds and hundreds of gallons it yearly for both road and farm, quality diesel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom