My Jeep build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys I have been posting it on another jeep forum but since Alot of you guys and girls here like jeeps I figured I would share it here with you too.

Jeep: 2004 wrangler Rubicon
Goal: well if you know what project mayhem is then you may see where I am hoping to take this build. I am shooting for a vehicle that is ready to bug out WTSHTF. Something you could drive from the middle of a major city during a complete social breakdown to the most desolate place you could find. Something that could keep you alive on the move while thinking of what your next move is.

Let me also add this is my DD and I plan on it being my DD for many years to come. I am currently running 33" tires which I know may not be "cool'" to some of you but for me I would rather keep my stock gearing and spend the money elsewhere. If the time and money comes I may just go straight to 37's

this is how it set when i bought it...
[Broken External Image]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

then I had them install a 4" pro-comp lift and some 33" MTZ'S this is how it sits as of right now.
[Broken External Image]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have some more parts coming and some already here. so stay tuned.

(edit) here is a list of parts that is getting ready to be installed
currie Anti-Rock
dirtworx rear bumper swing out tire carrier with dual fuel can and hi-lift mounts.
Warn rockcrawler front bumper (for now)
Recon 10500 winch
AtoZ fabrication ww2ww sliders
AtoZ fabrication winchplate
Iggee seat covers
optima yellow top battery
uniden 510 XL CB
Firefly firestick CB antenna
also going to do the locker mod. (for those times when your being chased by hordes of the undead or something and don't have time to stick it in 4 low to crawl over debris in your escape path)

and I just snagged a hardtop from the classifieds for $550 (thanks for the smokin deal gumbo)
I let the carlot keep the one that was on it because it saved me $1000 dollars so I think I made money on that deal somehow. ???

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay. Got home tonight and started putting on my dirtworx bumper/tire,fuel can, hi-lift jack carrier. here are some parts I have ready to install.

[Broken External Image]
then I got my holes drilled and the bumper with a few bolts in it when I realized how bad I needed to paint the rear crossbrace. so off it came.
[Broken External Image]

prepped it up for painting and taped it all off
[Broken External Image]

shot of crylon and now I am in here waiting for the paint to dry.
[Broken External Image]

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well This turned out to be a bigger pain then I had intended. I had to patially remove the gastank skid to get to the nuts on the 4 innermost bolts attaching the bumper but I have to say the fit and finish on the bumper was worth the trouble.

here is the finished product. (except some accessories that are going on it.)

[Broken External Image]

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had some more goodies show up today at lunch. AtoZ fab WW2WW rocker guards and AtoZ fab winchplate. the winchplate is so glossy it is showing the reflection of celefane (however that is spelled) gonna try to get my antirock on tonight so I don't have to take off the winch plate and bumper again.
[Broken External Image]

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I got the anti-rock kit in tonight. Ran out of steam at 10:30 though. I will get the bumper back on tomorrow along with the winch plate and the winch! WOOT!! here is how she sits as of now and a little mock up just for fun.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brett, your jeep is looking good man! Can't wait to see it with those rocker guards on.

You done the bypass where the air lockers will work in 4 high yet?

You will love that Anti-Rock if you do any wheeling in off camber situations! It makes the jeep so much more stable! I think I had mind in the center hole and it was good on and off road.

Hopefully, I can track down a salvaged jeep to start building on!

Oh yeah, I found a sweet load for that Remington 700 that you sold me! Shooting .3 MOA!

Latest posts

Top Bottom