My Kentucky Long Rifle Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suggest saving your sanding dust until you are completely done. If there are any cracks or gaps or even mistakes you can mix up a filler made with your gun's own sawdust to help blend any repairs. Doesn't help much after you've stained and finished it, but before that it's useful.

What are you doing for the barrel? For the period correct look, I recommend browning the barrel. It's not too hard, doesn't take a lot of materials - just time and elbow grease.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice Joel. Those things are fun to build. The look of REAL hand rubbed tung oil is my favorite. Not that fake ting oil you can get at Lowe’s.

IMG_1886.JPG

The real deal with no plastizers.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suggest saving your sanding dust until you are completely done. If there are any cracks or gaps or even mistakes you can mix up a filler made with your gun's own sawdust to help blend any repairs. Doesn't help much after you've stained and finished it, but before that it's useful.

What are you doing for the barrel? For the period correct look, I recommend browning the barrel. It's not too hard, doesn't take a lot of materials - just time and elbow grease.

Good idea on saving the sanding dust; thanks! It might be useful, as I sure am trying to go slow and not make any screw-ups, but you never know. As far as the barrel, do you have a recommendation on either the Birchwood Casey or Laurel Mountain Brown? I'm sure either would be fine but appreciate any tips or thoughts.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck Joel, this project should be easy for ya since you were already a grown man when the muzzleloader was invented and all. :bolt:

Question is, you being a fella that has like 700 holsters, which model fits it best?

Okay, it looks good so far and please don’t hate me forever. I was just tryna be funny n stuff.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck Joel, this project should be easy for ya since you were already a grown man when the muzzleloader was invented and all. :bolt:

Question is, you being a fella that has like 700 holsters, which model fits it best?

Okay, it looks good so far and please don’t hate me forever. I was just tryna be funny n stuff.

:cry11: You hurt muh feelers! 1-800-Waaa!

Latest posts

Top Bottom