My latest Striper Trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmith1279

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, so this isn't striper fishing in OK, but it is pics of my current, I'm still up here, fishing trip to Massachusetts. The stripers are running like MAD and the Tuna are stupid (just haven't landed one yet cause this is the BEST year for stripers that I can remember). Anyway, my buddy runs a charter service www.tidehuntercharters.com, and he and I have gone out 4x's over the past week and a half and absolutely slayed the stripers EVERY time. Seriously, every day we went out we stopped counting at 30 catches EACH. All were over 34" and the biggest was 41" by the hobo looking yahoo in the Goodwill hat. :) We were fishing off the tip of Provincetown, MA which is the last town on Cape Cod. The schools of Stripers on one of the days was roughly 1/2 mile x 3 miles long. One cast = one fish. In fact we had a chronic condition called "Striper thumb" as one of the pics can attest to.

The best part was my 6 year old son out jiggn us for Mackerel and then catching the first striper of the day on the 7th. He wasn't too sure about touching it though

Weather is supposed to be bitchn on Wed so we are going to bypass the stripers and hunt the ever elusive Tuna. We both have horrible ADHD and so we'll see how long we can hang with trolling when the stripers are busting around us. ;)

Also saw a ton of sealife. Whales within 15' of the boat, we were stationary they came by us, seals and basking sharks. I'll post pics of the Tuna (knock on wood) if we manage to land one on Wednesday.

Attachments

• IMG_0054small.JPG
    IMG_0054small.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0079small.JPG
    IMG_0079small.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0146small.JPG
    IMG_0146small.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0149small.JPG
    IMG_0149small.JPG