My Long Range build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Stevens Model 200 .270
awww.stammesopfer.com_edge1.jpg

awww.stammesopfer.com_edge2.jpg

People always say spend more on your glass than you gun hummm. IOR Valdada 3-18x42 FFP MP-8 Reticle. 1pc steel Ken Ferrell 20moa base with IOR 35mm rings. Seems a little overboard for a Stevens but will be right at home when I'm done.
awww.stammesopfer.com_edge3.jpg

Finally got my barrel in Pac-Nor 30" .338 Chambered in .338-300 (338 Edge)
awww.stammesopfer.com_edge4.jpg

See if I can go pick up my brake from Bryon soon. Stamp for my .338 Phantom should be here next week and the barreled action goes to McMillan to get custom fit to an A5 Stock on Monday. Gotta talk to Mike about getting a paint job set up for it when I get it back from McMillan.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best guess including silencer and tax stamp around $4k. But the nice thing is I can do a barrel swap myself and have just about any gun for the price of a barrel. And this thing is a 1700+ yard gun. Before anyone asks where I'll shoot that far, The Nevada Desert.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm saying that it is capable not that I am... Yet. But yes a 338 Edge depending on weather conditions can launch a 300gr SMK and still be supersonic at 2000 yards, 1700+ is under less ideal conditions. If I use a 300gr Scenar or if and when the mythical Berger VLD 300gr is available that will stretch even further. The barrel is a 1-10" twist so I don't have a lot of hope for transonic accuracy but we'll see when I am finally able to stretch it out.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool.

I've never actually heard a .338 Edge before, I'm curious as to how much more reduced the muzzle report of a .338 Edge will be with that can as opposed to something like a .338LM

.338 Edge is one of those calibers that I've always been intrigued by, but know very little about.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the plan is to have it at the silencer shoot. McMillan called a week ago and said they are just waiting on my action to finish it up so that should be a quick process.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Edge has just a touch more powder capacity. You should have heard of it; I posted info on mine. It is loud as heck with the brake.
Rem.700,McM A-5, Broughton, DE brake, ACI/ACD, NF base,rings, 5.5x22x50 R1, Jewell,.....

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The brass is better on the Lapua...$$$. I wish RWS still made .300RUM brass. Nosler brass seems to be more consistant than Rem. brass. Maybe Lapua or Norma will make brass for the .300RUM. down the road. StammesOpfer, are you running the rifle as a single-shot?

Latest posts

Top Bottom