My new fishing vehicle got paint today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This should be a but more roomy than my small truck
Red dirt should not show up too bad,, supposed to be bronze metallic. looks like copper orangish.

Oh well it is paint and i stuck it on there,, and it was cheap enough..Fishing hunting vehicle.
A couple days and i will toss some bumpers and chrome on it..couple weeks i will color sand it and buff.
I wanted it done by gun season and looks like i may make it..

Was a good morning to paint.. 57 int 002.jpg57 int 004.jpg

57 int 006.jpg
Had to stick some white on there .. was not there from factory but need to break up that big 4 door

a months ago it looked like this getting an engine and trans put in it. 57.jpg

I enjoy old stuff like this..Well when it is mine anyway.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys..My wife liked it too ,, and much more than the 1976 vette i had at the same time..
So i sold the vette to my neighbor fishing buddy..I purchased the vette running and driving for 3K and put another 1200 in it.
Sold to buddy for 3,000 .. since the wife said sell the vette and keep the 4 door 57.
I got the 57 for 1,500 running and driving.. barely,, no stopping though and some windows would not roll down.
All original less than 100,000 miles but kind of a basket case..

I still think I have less than 2,500 total in it.
There are some bargains out there.. but you have to pounce quick to get them.
And keeping my vehicles cheap I don't mind getting them muddy.

With this color the mud should not show up too much :)

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks BB but you do not have to be nice.
I really do not like it much.. maybe when i install the chrome it will be better.
I am used to red and white i suppose..Ever since the 350Z came out with that burnt orange i wanted something that color.

Maybe i just wanted another Z car :)

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some folks would go into shock if you said you were going to hunt/fish out of that thing. My mother wants the old 49 chevy truck we have fixed some for that... De-rat and mouse it, new seat, and make it safe to drive run, stop, lights ect. It has a sweet old farm truck patina I would like to keep....

Anywho sweet ride!

Sent via message in a bottle

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a moonshine, hog, deer hauling rig to me!! Dibs on the front seat on the first trip!! You did good!!!!!

On second thought I will ride in the back, it is a car I can fit in the back of! and I can shoot out of both winnow's in the back! lol

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks BB but you do not have to be nice.
I really do not like it much.. maybe when i install the chrome it will be better.
I am used to red and white i suppose..Ever since the 350Z came out with that burnt orange i wanted something that color.

Maybe i just wanted another Z car :)

Ha! Haven't you heard?? I'm not nice. :naughty: I think when you get the chrome on it you will be surprised how much it will pop ...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I swear it is getting darker as it sets up.
Or the color is growing on me.. it is still too soft to color sand. 10 days and i will do that then stick chrome on it.
I never thought of shooting out of the windows..that would be a good one for that and a carbine length rifle.

HHHMMM maybe i do need a 300 BO a nice quiet one.. HA!

Latest posts

Top Bottom