My New Motorcycle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys I just bought a new Honda VTX1300 Retro and have very limited riding experience. Has anyone had any experience with the MSF basic course? Is it worth the money or can I get the same stuff from just practice on my own? I'm leaning more toward taking the course unless you all tell me it is not worth the money.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys I just bought a new Honda VTX1300 Retro and have very limited riding experience. Has anyone had any experience with the MSF basic course? Is it worth the money or can I get the same stuff from just practice on my own? I'm leaning more toward taking the course unless you all tell me it is not worth the money.
Take the course, it is defiantly worth the 150-200 it will cost.(been a few years since i took it i think it was 175 when i did it in 06) It will also allow you to pass on the driving course on the m endorsement and also an insurance discount.

mprvise

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New or re entry rider - definitely take the course.

Also buy Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough and read it at least twice. I've got 27 years street experience and still read that book every few years.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I took it last weekend and it really taught me a lot. I've also been watching Ride Like A Pro DVD's and practicing in an empty school parking lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom