My New Ruger Scout Carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Know of any retail locations that have these in stock? I have a friend looking for one.

No, I don't. I was one of the first ones to get the rifle and my gunsmith had to special order it. There was a shop in Enid that said that they had gotten in two of them and the customers just loved them.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not crazy about the forward Scout Scopes and a regular scope works very fast and well for me, so I was thinking about a .308 youth bolt rifle as a general hunting gun. Academy has the Remington 700 ADL youth for $349 including scope, but I would rather have the Ruger and the Mauser action, I just don't know if it is worth over double the price to me.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about an oversized bolt knob and a winter trigger guard? Anyway ya gotta love its looks. Tacti-cool bolt gun! It ought to be a big hit with pig hunters.

It wouldn't be a bad SHTF rifle either. It is actually kind of a fun rifle to shoot and now that Ruger says that mil-spec ammo is gtg in it, it should not be all that expensive to shoot. I have a bunch of South African and maybe a little Portuguese and even Indian surplus on hand and a bunch of German surplus coming in from New Jersey, and if I like the German stuff I'll order more of it. The supplies of 7.62mm NATO surplus are drying up, so I'll get all that I can of it.
And if push comes to shove, there's always Wolf.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sweet how's the mag release work and also adjustable length of pull the firing pin in Hinton is working on getting me one
I'll let you guys know price and how it preforms for me when I get one !

Thanks and happy shooting 7stw

Latest posts

Top Bottom