My New Ruger Scout Carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a concern with the FR-7s, which were made from model 1916 small ring Mausers; but the FR-8s were made from model 1943 large-ring Mausers and are strong enough to handle modern 7.62x51 and .308 loads.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All right, good; you have checked it out.

A question if I may: when I looked the FR8 up, I saw in the pictures a tube under and parallel to the barrel. What function does this tube serve?

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All right, good; you have checked it out.

A question if I may: when I looked the FR8 up, I saw in the pictures a tube under and parallel to the barrel. What function does this tube serve?

i also wondered this. My GUESS is that its just for storage space or the bayonet. kinda a strange feature.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my Ruger polymer mag for the GSR the other day, 3 round almost flush fit and you can top load it thru the action. I like it alot. Also have the alpha industries 10 rounder, shorter than the factory 10 rounder as it is a double stack that transitions to a single feed. I like it too.

I just ordered four of the 10-rnd polymer magazines from Ruger. I wonder if they are the same way--able to load them through the top.

Here is a video from Ruger that talks about their new polymer magazines. It shows them being loaded just like OKMike said. That will certainly save a lot of hassle.

http://www.ruger.com/products/gunsiteScoutRifle/extras.html

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have any feedback on the Gunsite Scout? How about accuracy? Do you know anyone with one in stock?

Last edited:

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The search option on this forum will yield some intel on these rifles. Been discussed quite a bit on here already.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking for undeg01's thread, and figured out that the mods must have merged it with mine. I'm curious: have you gotten a GSR yet?

Latest posts

Top Bottom