My New Vaquero!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So thanks to those of you who have been posting Vaquero's for sale...you sparked my interest in the "Cowboy Gun" and I had to have one.

Bulbboy thanks for posting the pics of yours and telling me that you like the Vaquero better, everyone else I talked to agreed and said to get the Ruger. So, here it is!!!!! It has the 3 1/2 barrel and the birds head grip and is chambered in .45 Colt. What do you think? :woohoo1:

ai641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_jmiller556_472ad688.jpg

ai641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_jmiller556_644d6ddb.jpg

ai641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_jmiller556_68867944.jpg

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I did some gun trading to get it... but the price sticker on it was $575 and I got a box of self-defense ammo, soft case, and two sets of grips(black & white). I traded for it from a man named Mickey Whitney (I have his number if your interested) at the gun show today. He had a few more that were a little different, but I don't really remember what.

I'm gonna shoot it tomorrow!! I can't wait.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I did some gun trading to get it... but the price sticker on it was $575 and I got a box of self-defense ammo, soft case, and two sets of grips(black & white). I traded for it from a man named Mickey Whitney (I have his number if your interested) at the gun show today. He had a few more that were a little different, but I don't really remember what.

I'm gonna shoot it tomorrow!! I can't wait.

Where are you shooting it? OSA tradition is, when you get a new gun someone from the boards has to test 100 rounds of your ammo through it to "certify" it. Usually done by the first responder of the post (ME).

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL. I will have to take out a loan to afford 100 rounds. I'm going to Custer City tomorrow, where my deer lease is to cut trails, move stands, etc. So I'm gonna blast some off there. I hope Academy has some ammo. These hollow points are $25 for 20 and don't want to shoot them really. If I can make it the next "FGST" eat n shoot I will be more than happy to let anybody shoot it!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sweetness.

The people at Ruger who thought it was a good idea to nix the Birdshead need to be beaten with a sack of oranges.

I have wanted one like yours and a regular 5 1/2" to go with it but there I always seem to talk myself into something else and hold off on buying one.

A 3 1/2" birdshead is one of the coolest looking revolvers ever (no matter what the S&W guys say).;)

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking on gun broker and found the same gun. They call it the sheriff's model. I think because of the short barrel. You can buy it now for $725 LOL!

I can't find ammo anywhere around town and I really wanted to shoot this thing tomorrow. Guess I'll have to pop of some of these hollow points.

Thanks for all the compliments!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My stepdad picked some up for his Judge at Academy the other day. And I'd bet that BassPro has it too. I was in there last week and they were stocked pretty well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom