My old warhorse gets new clothes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
May I present one of the original Lee sisters, Ugg. :D

My old Enfield No 4 MK 1 got dressed up a little today. Been my go to rifle for many years. If I went into the woods and felt the need for a rifle it was this one that went with me.

I know the purist will not like it and if it had been original I would agree, but it was not and I do not care what anyone else thinks. The importer had tried to make it into a sporter and I think it looked bad. Plus my eyes are not what they use to be.

I plan to scope it and the old wood stock is not great for that so I ordered this ATI stock from a place called Combathunting.com. Funny thing is that day the wife broke the car so I went to cancel the order but they had already shipped. Anyway, I ordered the brown as I think it looks better than the black. It arrived today and in less than 30 minutes I had it installed.

Looks much better and the sights even seem to pick up a little faster. I can not wait until I get a scope mount for it. They discontinued the one I wanted but I will keep an eye on ebay. I also forgot about sling swivels but I had one in my junk and may have another somewhere. If I can find it. :D If not I will pick some up when I get the chance.

Looks like I can sell the old stock, buttplate, forearm band on ebay pretty easily. The old buttstock alone are going for $50 if you can believe it. :faint:

First 3 pics are the old stock setup, last 2 are the new.

Ugg 1.jpg Ugg 2.jpg Ugg 3.jpg Ugg 4.jpg Ugg 5.jpg

Last edited:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks great. Best enfield conversation I have seen. Gosh, remember they days of cheap .303 ammo.

I wore the badge of a purple and yellow shoulder from shooting one from a bench all afternoon. Those brass buttplates were tough.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I wanted to keep the barrel length and handling qualities as much as possible and the safety was a must. If my eyes were not getting older I would not put on a scope since it handles so well as it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom