My pal's range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy called and asked if I wanted to go shoot. So we went to his range he made just a couple of miles from town.
Shot a lot of rounds and guns today. Ran my Ruger 6.5, colt AR and a few pistols.
Steve had his Ruger Precision 6.5, Colt AR 308 and a few pistols. We shot all afternoon (I just got in).
I was very impressed with his Colt .308. That thing is GREAT!. Yeah his precision ruger was cool but when we stretched them out to 300 yards, the 308 won the day.
He had berms at 100, 200 and 300 yards and paper with steel at 300.
Also reset pistol targets that were a hoot.
Pictured is my buddy holding his colt and a shot of his shooting area he just built.
Second pic is the down range view and if you look closely you can see the berms.
What a fun day. He reloads his own stuff and has an impressive setup at home.
He's invited me to start coming over and start reloading my own and testing what's works for my guns. He also reloads his own 9mm and 45.
Rained all day but I could care less. I was dry and having a ball.
Darn we shot a ton of rounds.
Steve at steves place.JPG
Steves range stands at 100 200 and 300 yards.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome pics, ya happy with the 6.5 yet?
It still needs some work. Bi-pod too cheap to tell much from but I will be sanding the stock to properly float the barrel.
I was shooting great with my Colt AR. Got the Pig Plex I bought from MM on it and that thing shoots good. The trigger guy could use some help but not the gun. Ringing the steel at 300 with it shooting .223. Had it zeroed at 50 and was hitting the silhouette at 300 with quick follow up shots.
Forgot to mention. This place is a hunter's paradise. Deer, turkey and everything you can thing of. Very remote to get to. My buddy was spotting for me (looking through his spotting scope, when I was shooting paper at 100 yards (first berm on left of picture) and as I was pulling the trigger, a deer ran between me and the target about 50 yards out.
Because I'm concentrating on the shot, all I saw was the deer head just under my target line when I shot. It must have missed his head by only a few inches from where my POI.
I turned at looked at my bud and said "Crap....that would be hard to explain. Shot a deer at 50 yards, in the head, by accident."
We both laughed our asses off.
Ha!

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That would certainly be a hoot. Glad the 6.5 is coming along, always tough to get them to do what ya want right away, but the end product will certainly be awesome!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom