NASCAR is back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to watch 'wide world of sports' back in the day to catch a few minutes of NASCAR between golf and gymnastics. Big mark Martin fan from back in the day. Watched him run dirt in the region. Most folks don't know that rusty Wallace was the 1980 Tulsa track champion. Oklahoma was a hotbed of racing for future champs at one time.
The guy in my avatar raced against mark,rusty and Ken shrader on a weekly basis. I love the dirt days!
Clint Boyer is a past late model dirt guy too. Check out the NASCAR guys racing at eldora, now owned by Tony Stewart,on YouTube, good chit right there.
How did Rusty win a track championship at Tulsa?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0526.PNG
I never followed after 'the chase'. If a guy is in 11th place before the chase and wins any race or races after that, the best he can do is 11th. I say,let them race till the last lap of the season.
Dirt fan til the end

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I know lots of people like it but I just never cared for it, boring to me, turn left go fast over and over. But I can see where some people would like it. Just not for me.
I totally understand. What it takes to be first or last can be minimal. A pound of air pressure, or a gear change,a few turns on a shock is all it takes.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it BUT I don’t like the way the points are run like Johnson being a 7 time cup champion don’t get me wrong the man can drive but how would the points of come out in all seasons past

Latest posts

Top Bottom