1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Navy issue pistol??? Vietnam era

Discussion in 'Military Surplus' started by swampratt, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Seadog

Seadog Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I worked with an old Vietnam vet. He told me a story along those lines. He said the guys were sending AKs back or something like that.

2. John6185

John6185 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    From what i understand in the Mideast, troops cannot bring back arms but somehow Saddam's pistol was brought back and presented to ? GWB - believe.

3. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    There were “bring backs” from several wars. There was an amnesty period in 1968 that allowed those guns to be registered and transferable under the NFA. Once in a while you’ll see one for sale with “amnesty registered” in the ad.

Seadog and dennishoddy like this.
  4. n423

n423 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    From The Guardian:
    Saddam Hussein's gun to go on display at Bush library. The weapon, a 9mm Glock 18C, was discovered by Delta Force special troops when they dug Hussein out of his fox hole outside Tikrit on 13 December 2003. The legendary beast of Baghdad emerged from the 8ft-deep hole bewildered and disorientated; with his shaggy beard and unkempt mop of hair he looked closer to a dishevelled elf than one of the world's great dictators.