NE OK Dove Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Starting the process early this year, as my professional procrastination hasn't paid off in years past. :withstupi

Any one out there care to share some contact information for farmers open to hunters, either free or per-gun fees? I'd also like to know of any guide services you've had experience with that you'd recommend.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never used a guide service, but have knocked on lots of doors and got permission after telling them It was only dove I was after, not their turkey or deer.
Also, make sure you clean up your area of empty shells and trash when you leave. One cigarett butt can ruin your return for next year.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wheat stubble around NC Okla works really well for dove, especially if its burnt off about two weeks before the season opens, and there is a tree line with a couple of dead trees for roosting and a shallow pond with exposed banks. We have even put some wire between posts about 20' off the ground as we noticed they are always sitting on the high lines. Put a couple of decoys on there, and keep a bucket of water handy to cool off your barrel:D
Habitat is what its all about.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took a group of guys that I work with last year to SW Oklahoma around Lawton with j&j outfitters. they ran an add on craigs list. we went the second weekend and were limited out in the first hour. they provided all decoys, did all the work and cleaned the birds at the end. they did a great job and we all had a great time. if anyone wants there contact info pm me and I will send it.

Clipz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I live in Miami Oklahoma, and up here there are tons of places to go. It just depends on what type of fields you wanna hunt in, like weat, sunflowers, soy beans, corn, Ect. And how much you wanna pay.

SD4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And how much you wanna pay.

It always comes down to that. It's too bad that locations make hunting such a $$ intensive sport. Maybe I'd feel different if I wasn't a city slicker, but my job pretty much dictates that for me. I'd like to get some dove this year -- I've heard good things about SE OK?

Latest posts

Top Bottom