NE Oklahoma Introduction to Ham Radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For any of you that might have interest in learning more about Ham Radio, there will be another FREE “Introduction to Amateur (Ham) Radio” presentations at the Northeast Technology Center in (Little) Kansas, Oklahoma.

We will have a Free two night presentation, first one on Tuesday February 10th and the second on Tuesday February 17th, both from 6 to 8:30PM with time for questions. We will cover Ham Radio in general, radio equipment, local repeater communication, world wide HF communication, emergency communication, weather spotting, different operating modes, etc.

You will also receive information about study materials, and how to easily be prepared to pass your Technician license test with about 10 hours study time (usually can easily done in two weeks) using Hamtestonline, the absolute easiest way to pass your exam. It is a $25 dollar study and information program that will work for you. Money back guarantee if it does not. Amazing. Go to their site, read the stuff at the bottom of the page, do the free trial, no Gotchas, well, except showing you how easy it is to do it with his program. I am not affiliated in any way with hamtestonline, it is just a good product.

You not only learn to pass the test, you will really learn the material IF you want to go slow and read the detailed information of why each answer is correct.

Ham radio is also a great family hobby year round, at home, in the car, or camping, prepping, storm spotting, or just making friends BS'ing around the area or around the world. Very different than the totally un-regulated CB radio environment.

I have an equivalent Technician license range of 40-50 mile communication most times from my truck, and with my Extra license, nationwide and frequently world wide communication from my house.

Wives, like mine, who had no similar type background knowledge and even youngsters as young as 10 years old, with a little effort, can get their licenses for direct communications in a couple weeks or so. Ham Radio teaches youngsters discipline and responsibility they can be proud of. I think individual family studying actually makes it easier to help each other.

We will have plenty of Q/A time at these presentations, and we will be available for any additional help later if needed. Ham Radio people like to talk.

The program is free, but NTC would like for you to per-register by calling the Kansas campus at 918-868-3535.

This program is being jointly offered by the Mayes County Amateur Radio Club and the Rogers County Wireless Association.

Come and and see what Ham radio is all about, and bring your family to see if they too might want to get involved in something new.

If you want more information, or this course is not in your area and you would like more information on Ham Radio, PM me. Ken WB5Y

Latest posts

Top Bottom