Need a Remington 550-1 schematic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onwmed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you can't wear one of them out.i've had one since i was a kid it is still a tack driver and it has had thousands of rounds put through it. i di have to replace the bolt and firing pin spring a couple years ago. i ordered al my parts from numrich ( i think that is spelled right). they carry quite a few parts for them.also beels pawn in coweta has parts.

Thanks for the heads up....I was a bit worried when I downloaded that schematic from Remington that had a big stamp "Parts no longer available." I used extra caution when cleaning.

onwmed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone thinks it would be a bad idea to get this metal re-blued? After talking with my dad last night it looks like this is the last gun left from my Grandfather that the other "relatives" havent stolen or pawned. I think it would mean a lot to him if I had this rifle refinished.

My dad mentioned being too little to pick this gun up in 1958, which is a year before my grandfather passed on...so it holds some special memories for him as this was his dad's favorite rifle.
Any thoughts on how I should get this re-done? Traditional blued? Rust blued? I'm almost %100 I can re-do the stock myself and make it look respectable.

Any thoughts would help as this would be a nice thing to do for the old man.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dad-blame it! Here I am reading a thread that's 2 1/2 years old. Worse yet, I was about to offer some advice on refinishing the stock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom