Need Barrel Receiver True Checked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangeHound

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So here's the story. I received a 25-06 from my fathers collection. It was Czech VZ24 with a 25-06 barrel installed. I remember when he built it back in the 70's. Jump to now and I have been trying to get the the thing to shoot correctly. First thing I find is that the bedding he did caused the trigger to ride on the trigger causing issues. So I order a stock from Boyds. I get that stock and the barrel seems to not center properly. I go to bore sight the scope and not even close. I don't have enough windage in my leupold to move right far enough. To complicate the problems, the scope base screws from front to back don't line up. I have no idea which is correct. You put a rail on it and screw holes over over 1/2 screw hole. So another issue I believe I can solve with new rings.

I am now down to either have a gunsmith look at it or give up on it. For sentiment reasons I would like to be able to shoot it. Thanks for the recommendations.
Ron

r

Can anyone recommend a smith in Tulsa that can check that the receiver action is true?

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you using a Leopold base with windage adjustable?
They used to be notorious for not having enough windage adjustment

RangeHound

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have sanded the stock/barrel channel and the stock is about ready to bed. However, it favors going to the right. I have used weaver and leupold scope mounts both with the same results.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Leupold good mount with windage adjustable rings
d7aec79a-1a97-4eb3-a664-af1c3113eaaa._CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300__.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom