Need Food help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for some storage food that:

1. Is peanut safe
2. Has good protein, not all carbs
3. Ships quickly, or is here in Oklahoma

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Peanut butter? lol

Umm, does a peanut allergy translate to all tree nuts? What about pecans which are technically a drupe, not a nut? If you aren't alergic to pecans, they are an awesome food source, capable of long term storage with great calorie density. They are almost 700 calories per cup of shelled halves with healthy fats and good high density cholesterol. A pound of shelled pecans will run about 3000 calories with a volume of about 4.5 cups so a pound could give a day's energy requirementsI've got an orchard I've just started this year with natives and other improved cultivars and decided to do pecans for exactly those reasons (and they really are a superfood). We'll be selling our first year of natives but I'll give you some to test if you want when we harvest in october/november time frame.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Almond Butter ...

Sorry ... doing too many things at once. Now I can say the rest of what I wanted to say.

I've ordered from The Ready Store before. Their stuff is okay. I prefer Emergency Essentials, though. Especially their fortified dry milk. I use it instead of "real" milk for cooking. With there being only two of us, a half-gallon of milk will go bad between uses. Dried is a MUCH better deal for us, that way I can just make what I need when I need it.

Last edited:

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a food dehydrator and a vacuum sealer and learn to make your own beef jerky...and then hide it once you've sealed it, because everyone will eat it up way faster than you can make it. You can also dehydrate your own fruits and veggies, so you can make your own apple, pear, and banana chips. If you make it, you have control over what goes in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom