Need Gun advice for my daughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've bought my son several guns. He's 7. I bought a stainless/synthetic 10/22, a M&P 15-22, an Uzi and most recently a Mac 11 .380 w/ suppressor. Basically, when my wife catches me buying something new, I say it's for our son. She doesn't know about an M16 yet. When it comes in, if I can't get it into the safe before she finds out, it will be my son's also. :wink2:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:lookaroun
I've bought my son several guns. He's 7. I bought a stainless/synthetic 10/22, a M&P 15-22, an Uzi and most recently a Mac 11 .380 w/ suppressor. Basically, when my wife catches me buying something new, I say it's for our son. She doesn't know about an M16 yet. When it comes in, if I can't get it into the safe before she finds out, it will be my son's also. :wink2:

Do you really sneak :lookaroun new guns in without your wife knowing? :buttkick: (Got any secret ways to share?)

Awesome that you're teaching her right!

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Use a plastic bottle , then you can show the damage ...and conservation when she picks it up and carrys it to the trash... ;)

Good for You for gettin your kids into shootin.

Have you tried the SCRAP Club...its in Duncan, and they have a really nice range

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LADIES OF THE FORUM - READ NO FURTHER, THERE IS NOTHING OF NOTEWORTHINESS BEYOND THIS POINT

:lookaroun

Do you really sneak :lookaroun new guns in without your wife knowing? :buttkick: (Got any secret ways to share?)

Awesome that you're teaching her right!

The best method I have found is to have a full gun cabinet, remove 1 gun (put it in the safe with the others) 2 weeks before a gun show or planned purchase. This gives time for the wife to clean in and around the cabinet and notice the empty space. When questioned about the empty hole, tell her you took it to the gunsmith for (whatever). Then when you come in with your new purchase, put in the empty slot in the gun cabinet. She will see the full cabinet and you just say you picked that gun that you told her about that was at the gunsmith.

Only problem is the safe is getting full and I need to get another one.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree..............go ahead and buy the Ruger 10/22 now:)

.22 still makes the most sense as a trainer.
Lots of great options:
Ruger sells a 1 round magazine for the 10/22 and with all the options would be easy to fit the rifle to the shooter;
The old Mossberg trainers like a model 42 can shoot shorts, long, and long rifle. Outstanding shooters.
Ithaca made a single shot lever action in .22 that can still be found.
CZ 452/455 would also be a keeper and CZ makes a 1 round magazine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom