Need help deciding on 1/2 MOA rifle less than $2000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up going the full custom everything route. Lots more expensive, for sure, but I like toys, what can I say.

I will have a long ways to go, but it's likely my rifle will be capable of better accuracy than I can ever achieve, anyways. Parts are still arriving, I'll make a thread on mine once it's done.

Looking forward to things warming up so I can start working on learning how to shoot for real.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up going the full custom everything route. Lots more expensive, for sure, but I like toys, what can I say.

I will have a long ways to go, but it's likely my rifle will be capable of better accuracy than I can ever achieve, anyways. Parts are still arriving, I'll make a thread on mine once it's done.

Looking forward to things warming up so I can start working on learning how to shoot for real.

What'd you end up going with? You have to appease the people with a parts list! We demand satisfaction!

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Heck yeah!!!!!! It only cost 90% more to go first class!!!!!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
What'd you end up going with? You have to appease the people with a parts list! We demand satisfaction!

Haha! I know, I know!

Heck yeah!!!!!! It only cost 90% more to go first class!!!!!

You're absolutely right. It's fun, though! lol. Doing all the research has helped me learn immensely what I am doing and WHY.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will thoroughly enjoy your rifle once it's finished. You have a very capable chambering able to ring steel at great distances. You'll be shooting with the best of them in no time. Have you thought about giving the Hornady 153 grain A-Tip a try?

It took GA Precision 12 months to finish my rifle and it was only supposed to take 8. The hold up was the Manners stock. They were in the process of moving their company and my stock order got lost in the move. The excuse sounded like BS to me, all George at GAP had to do was walk across the street and ask about my stock (Manners stock and Badger are both within a stones throw of GA Precision).

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just an update, I have been working up loads for my Barrett Fieldcraft 6.5 CM. Using a Winchester LRM primer, Hornady 140 BTHP match bullet and 41.0 grs of IMR 4350 I was able to get a 1/2" group at 200 yards. This load chrono'd at 2650 fps. I was amazed that both me and the rifle were up to it. This is not a maximum load in this rifle, but I will probably use this as my accuracy load. I am curious to see of I can find a hunting bullet (143 ELD-X?) that will impact close to this one so there is not much adjustment to the scope for hunting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom