Need help: What kind of bb gun in Home Alone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm wrong... it doesn't look like a Daisy 25 after all.

Here are some better pics:

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After studying the photos, I think it's a Red Ryder that they have modified by removing the lever action.

It's the movies ya know... they can do what they want, doesn't have to really work.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy thread resurrection, Batman. I never could find one, so I stuck with the classic and bought him a new Red Ryder. Looking at the photos, it kind of does look like a modified Ryder (sigh)

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Tracker88

New to the site!
Reaction score
My boy really wants a pump action bb gun, shotgun style. Can't find what brand he uses in the movie. Plan B for me is the mdl. 25 Daisy, but would really like to get the same kind as Kevin uses in the movie. Anyone know the brand?
Ive just recently ordered a pump action BB gun, the make is a Marksman! There are no other bb or pellet guns like it on the market, there are lots of lever action, I wanted it because it is more realistic for action shooting, the last thing you want when in a realistic shooting environment is when have to pump 8-10 times on an under lever action BB gun, I hope this information gets your boy a realistic Ann pump gun and I'm sure it'll be hours of fun!

Attachments

• IMG_6786.PNG
    IMG_6786.PNG
    212.2 KB · Views: 2,546

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The BB gun was a modified Red Ryder. it was changed just enough to keep the legal eagles at bay, preventing a lawsuit. the pump action actually did nothing. The trigger guard had the lever lopped off of it.

Many believe they tweaked a Red Rider because the same bb gun was featured in "A Christmas Story." released in 1983, A Christmas Story featured the Red Ryder as a key element in the movies story line. Seeing Kevin in Home Alone using the same rifle to fend off burglars, much Like Ralphie does in A Christmas Story, would prompt a lawsuit based on infringement of that storyline and use of the same prop.

Here's a good photo of the one Kevin uses in Home Alone as it sits on his brothers wall.
www.imfdb.org_images_thumb_5_51_HA_10.jpg_601px_HA_10.jpg

Here's the red rider
site.airgundepot.com_content_red_ryder_features.jpg

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with those who believe it's modified to be a pump. The wood forearm seems like it's just sliding back and forth in the movie, and seems to require zero effort to cock. Of course that makes the proper effect in the movie, but doesn't translate to a realistic BB gun.

I had a red ryder as a kid. Shot out a window in about 15 minutes. Hahaha. Was my first lesson in ricochets.

Alphagammaecho

New to the site!
Reaction score
This gun was fully modified. I'm uncertain that the actor at the time, would not have had the muscle strength to cock this gun. This may be one reason that they modified the gun.
More importantly, Hollywood would have had liability concerns with regard to the safety of the actor. The 1st scene you would have seen the actor pretend firing the gun. The 2nd scene would have been shot separately showing the figures being shot at by a paid marksman in a controlled environment. This literally has to be one of the worst gun scenes aside, from a revolver with a silencer that I have yet to see in a movie. My sincere apologies.
However, a
lever action/pump action gun does not exist. I do however hope you were able to find him a good pump action BB gun 9 years ago. 🙂

Latest posts

Top Bottom