Need help with some WWII memorbilia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One oddity that was in the same box as the patches and armbands. I'm not sure if it is from WWII or what it even is but here it is:
482173_10101327215890607_564904277_n.jpg

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One oddity that was in the same box as the patches and armbands. I'm not sure if it is from WWII or what it even is but here it is:
482173_10101327215890607_564904277_n.jpg

When looking at the first post, I thought I saw that some of the items were of Boy Scout origin (the Des Moines arc strip and the 22 square patch) and this seems to add to it. I first thought it was an early version of the adult Wood Badge award but further reading proved that wrong. I believe this is likely to be some local scout award or recognition with roots in Iowa in the pre-war to WW2 timeframe. A short web search did not turn up a specific reference or photo but some family inquiries might help you, especially if they are still in Iowa.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figured it might be a Boy Scout item. There were a few pins from the Scouts as well. Unfortunately I don't think anyone on the family is still in Iowa and my wife's uncle might be the only one who would have an idea about the Scout stuff

Thanks for all the help figuring out what these are!

elpato

New to the site!
Reaction score
The last item in your pics (strap with acorn looking drop) is a sword or bayonet or possibly a dagger knot that hangs from the handle, used in dress or parade ceremony. The color of the theads on the strap indicate the service branch. I don't have my references handy to tell you which blade it belongs to, but for some of the daggers, they can be quite valuable. The rlb armband is not common at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom