Need info on my Mosin Nagant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddogglife

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This rifle has a S for Sig, 1891 model but contracted by civil guard to Germany in the 20'. It's a model 24 finning lotta from what I know and is stamped with the S and bohler-stahl under the barrel near the bolt. I am look for both value and rarity of this weapon. Also weapon is stepped barrel for bayonet. Also NK crown from Austria

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know some of the main details already, but here's what I can tell from the photos and your description.

The rifle is an M24 with a Bohler-Stahl barrel produced sometime between 1924-1928. The "S" is a Finnish (not German) Civil Guard stamp found on all variations of the M24 and does not stand for Sig. The Sig contract barrels would be marked "Schweiz Industrie Gesellschaft". The crest on the receiver is Russian. If the rifle was an Austrian capture they will be marked with an AZF capture stamp. Have not checked prices lately but value probably ranges from $300 - $400 based on bore condition.

Last edited:

reddogglife

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
All my research is from sites said, I'm looking for someone that knows more. Maybe a book with info on serial numbers or SIG districts it may be from. If anyone knows what value or a site that can appraise the weapon.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Listen to Sooner Cowboy...The Collector's Forum (Mosin Nagant section) on the Gunboards Forum is the place to seek advice. As stated in my post above your rifle has a Bohler-Stahl barrel and has no affiliation with Sig. Pretty much everything else is covered in post #4 with the exception of a definite appraisal value. M24's are uncommon but not extremely rare. A M24 without the stepped barrel is much less common and will sell for a premium...normally $500+.

SoonerCowboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Listen to Sooner Cowboy...The Collector's Forum (Mosin Nagant section) on the Gunboards Forum is the place to seek advice. As stated in my post above your rifle has a Bohler-Stahl barrel and has no affiliation with Sig. Pretty much everything else is covered in post #4 with the exception of a definite appraisal value. M24's are uncommon but not extremely rare. A M24 without the stepped barrel is much less common and will sell for a premium...normally $500+.

Keep shakin that bush

Sorry I just had to

Latest posts

Top Bottom