Need Machinist to turn Radius

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for Machinist to turn a 3 inch radius in the end of a piece 4140. Looking for a hobbyist but will use a job shop if I have to. I have hobby-work, not work-work.

Any suggestions?

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I guess you could turn a radius on the end of a piece of square stock, but no this is round. I need 3 inch radius on the end of a piece 6" x 12". I am in Edmond but would travel a bit.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My lathe is just big enough to hold the stock 10 x24 but my radius jig is too small. If you want to try free hand and travel to Catoosa I would turn you loose after getting you set up. You are going to be removing allot of metal which will take a while.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, I don't recall posting this last spring. I know I made a recent post.

Thank for responding then and now.

I am near the end of of unpacking boxes from my move down from Montana-moved down because I married an Okie Gal. Combined two household. Most of what I unpack is duplicate and is either donated to Salvation Army or just tossed. I am nearly finish and just getting to the supplies from the shop.

In 2013 I went Afghanistan for a year and one of the things I thought I bought while there was a larger chuck for my lathe. Getting more settled here lately, and ready to do some work, I couldn't find that chuck. I started thinking, that maybe I had thought about ordering another chuck, but didn't. Yesterday, I found this great heavy box underneath the 4 boxes I was unpacking. It was the lathe chuck.

I now have a chuck big enough to hold this piece in my lathe. I have done incremental turning to make radii in the past so, I am now good to go.

In one of the boxes I unpacked yesterday I also found three tubes that I had started to build popcan mortars. So besides this big honker 6PDR Mortar I also have these three mortars to build.

Thank you for responding.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom